Election Day is less than two weeks away, and in addition to the presidential election, there are a number of other candidates and issues on the ballot. Please remember to vote!
This year voting is being done a little differently here in California. Back in 2019, Santa Clara County became the 10th county in California to adopt the Voter’s Choice Act, adopting practices to make voting in elections more convenient, expedient, and accessible. Ballots and booklets on the propositions were mailed out to every registered voter early this month. All voters have the option to vote in-person or remotely by mail or official Ballot Drop Box. The Act also replaces designated Polling Places, assigned by address, with universal Vote Centers, where any Santa Clara County registered voter can vote.
Due to the pandemic, residents have been encouraged to vote early and vote by mail to reduce crowds at Vote Centers. In-person voting remains available throughout the county, but locations have been reduced for the upcoming election. If you aren’t sure where to go, or have more questions about voting, please check the Santa Clara County Registrar of Voters website or phone them at 408-299-8683.
There are two types of locations: drop off only Ballot Drop Boxes, and Voting Centers where you can either drop-off your mailed ballot or fill one out in-person.
Ballot Drop Box locations in and near Los Gatos
Ballot Drop Boxes are open 24 hours a day between October 5th and November 2nd, and on Election Day, November 3rd, from midnight to 8pm when polls close. You can also find your nearest Ballot Drop Box location using the County Registrar of Voters search by address using the tab on the left titled “Find Ballot Drop Off” or by checking the complete list of locations. All of the boxes listed below are outdoor sites.
Official Ballot Drop Boxes in Los Gatos:
- Los Gatos Public Library – 100 Villa Avenue, Los Gatos, CA 95030
- Los Gatos Town Hall, outside City Clerk Office – 110 East Main Street, Los Gatos, CA 95030
Official Ballot Drop Boxes neighboring Los Gatos include:
- Monte Sereno City Hall, outside City Clerk Office – 18041 Saratoga-Los Gatos Road, Monte Sereno, CA 95030
- Saratoga City Hall, outside City Clerk Office – Outside City Clerk Office – 13777 Fruitvale Avenue, Saratoga, CA 95070
- Saratoga Library – 13650 Saratoga Avenue, Saratoga, CA 95070
- West Valley College Fox Center – 14000 Fruitvale Avenue, Saratoga, CA 95070
- Cambrian School District (Cambrian) – 4115 Jacksol Drive, San Jose, CA 95124
- Union Elementary School District (Cambrian) – 5175 Union Avenue, San Jose, CA 95124
- Vineland Branch Library (Cambrian) – 1450 Blossom Hill Road, San Jose, CA 95118
- Westmont High School – 4805 Westmont Avenue, Campbell, CA 95008
Vote Centers – locations where you can vote in-person
Vote Centers are open October 31st to November 2nd between 9am and 5pm for early voting and on Election Day, November 3rd, from 7am to 8pm when polls close. You can also find your nearest Vote Center using the County Registrar of Voters search by address or on the complete list of locations. All of these locations are indoors.
Vote Centers in Los Gatos:
- The Pavilion at Redwood Estates, in the Community Room – 21450 Madrone Dr Los Gatos, CA 95033 (indoors voting)
Los Gatos Lodge – El Gato Room– Closed this election! Belwood Cabana Club (east Los Gatos)– Closed this election!
Vote Centers near Los Gatos include:
- West Valley College, in Room 124 – 14000 Fruitvale Ave Saratoga, CA 95070
- Prince of Peace Lutheran Church, in Fellowship Hall – 12770 Saratoga Ave Saratoga, CA 95070
- Santa Clara County Library District, in 124 Campbell Meeting Room – 1370 Dell Ave Campbell, CA 95008
- Houge Park Neighborhood Center Bldg. 1 (Cambrian) – 3962 Twilight Dr San Jose, CA 95124
- Vineland Branch Library, in Community Room (Cambrian) – 1450 Blossom Hill Rd San Jose, CA 95118
- St. Timothy’s Lutheran Church, in Cafeteria (Cambrian) – 5100 Camden Ave San Jose, CA 95124
There are MANY other locations – please check the links above for all locations!
And a specific reminder to my fellow Los Gatos voters, there are three Town Council openings on this ballot – don’t forget to vote for your Town!