The Los Gatos zip code map covers 3 zip codes: 95030, 95032, and 95033. The last one is in the coastal mountain range, also known as the Los Gatos Mountains. There’s one more zip code associated with the town, and that’s 95031, used only for post office boxes.
Have you ever tried to figure out the Los Gatos zip codes? To the left, please see a Los Gatos zip code map showing 95030, 95032 and 95033. The large area is the 95033 or “Los Gatos Mountains” area. Just above it is 95030 and above that is 95032.
Below we’ll show separated maps to make it more clear, but that vast area in blue is 95033.
Explaining the Los Gatos zip code map
Some recent changes to the zip code boundaries should be mentioned. A few years back, the post office reorganized the way that 95030 and 95032 split up most of the 9 or 10 square miles which comprise the “town of Los Gatos”. It used to be an east-west divide, and now it’s closer to a north and south split, but not exactly that either.
I love this map because it looks as odd as the new distribution feels! The 95033 zip code is unincorporated, mostly in Santa Clara County, but as you can see, much of it falls west of highway 35 (Skyline Blvd) and is in Santa Cruz County. When a home has the 95033 zip code, it is analogous to the property being “in the mountains”.
Here’s a map of the “in town” areas of Los Gatos. Note the strange borderlines!
Los Gatos zip code map – in town
A little of 95033 is in the incorporated area of Los Gatos, but most is not.
Los Gatos zip code map – mountains area, 95033
And a similar map showing 95033 (mailing address Los Gatos). As you can see, it’s not the only mountain area zip code, but it’s the only one with a Los Gatos mailing address.
The border with Santa Cruz County sometimes is right at Summit Road, but other times just close to it. Something that can surprise folks is seeing homes in Santa Cruz County, rather than Santa Clara County, with a Los Gatos address.
Zip codes and schools:
Neither the town’s boundaries nor the zip code boundaries line up with the school district boundaries. There are homes in both 95032 and 95030 which are in the Los Gatos School District, for instance – though nearly all of 95030 is “in the schools”. (And just as confusing – a few homes in San Jose’s Almaden Valley with a 95120 zip code are in the Los Gatos School District too.)
(1) Monte Sereno shares the 95030 and the 95032 zip codes with Los Gatos
(2) There are some funky pockets near the town’s borders where the homes may actually belong to Los Gatos but have a zip code of the neighboring community or vice versa – this is rare, but it happens.
- A patch of Campbell near Pollard and Quito has a Los Gatos 95032 mailing address, but it’s actually Campbell.
- Another pocket of Los Gatos near National and Carlton has a mailing address of San Jose 95124, but it’s actually part of the town of Los Gatos.
- Part of Blossom Hill Road with a LG mailing address is actually San Jose, 95124 (Cambrian).
- An area near Leigh High (parts of Noella, Selinda, and others) is also in San Jose, but the mailing address is again Los Gatos 95032
Related reading and information
Town of Los Gatos zoning map (on the town’s website)
List of Los Gatos neighborhoods (on this website)