Select Page

Los Gatos Housing Element – Public Commentary Period

Town of Los Gatos Housing Element LogoIf you want a say in shaping the blueprint of Los Gatos’ future, now is your opportunity to comment on the Housing Element.

If you’re reading this article, you probably live or work in Los Gatos and have a real interest in it’s future. Like much of California, Los Gatos has been in a housing shortage for decades. The Housing Element will determine how to meet the needs of the Town’s future, and engagement from locals will help direct how it meets the needs of the community.

Every 8 years the state requires each municipality to create a plan for future development, especially housing development, to meet the needs of current and future populations (read about it on the Town’s page on the General Plan). Back in March we shared information about one of the first community meetings on the Town of Los Gatos Housing element. As of late August 2022, the first draft has been published and is in the public review and commentary period.

To view the plan draft, visit EngageLosGatosHousing.com/. There you can find a copy of the plan as well as a timeline, scheduled public events, sign up for email updates, and even submit commentary on some of the selected sites. Read to the end of this article for a quick list of ways to engage, including in-person and virtual opportunities to ask Town staff questions about the plan.

Affordable Housing In Los Gatos

For this planning cycle, it has been determined that Los Gatos needs to increase housing by 1,993 units. Nearly 58% of that has been allocated to moderate and above moderate income housing and the other 42% is allocated lower income household. We need all of those homes!

(more…)

Town of Los Gatos General Plan Update and Website

May 08, 2010

“Town of Los Gatos general plan update website” What is the general plan for the Town of Los Gatos

Our town government has this information pulled together on a comprehensive website which includes info on community meetings, documents, maps, updates to the plans and much more. It’s a great resource and very nicely done. Check it out!

http://www.lggeneralplanupdate.org/

 

 

Town of Los Gatos General Plan Workshop – You Are Invited!

April 08, 2009

The Town of Los Gatos is updating its general plan and is holding workshops to get the public’s input.  The next one is Saturday April 18th from 10 am to 12 noon at Calvary Church, 1633o Los Gatos Boulevard (in the Parkside Rooms).

The Town Council has identified these areas as topics to consider:  recreation, parks & open space; green building; youth and senior services. 

Want more information? Visit www.lggeneralplanupdate.org.