Los Gatos Free Music Concert Series: Music in the Park, Jazz on the Plazz and Vasona Vibrations Schedule of Events and Performers
Summer 2019 is just around the corner and we’re all revved up and ready for those free concerts around Los Gatos. Most artists and schedules have been announced and, knowing that you are as excited about these as I am, I have compiled a calendar of free outdoor music events for us all! Below please find a compilation of the FOUR different Los Gatos free musical concert series (and don’t forget Independence Day festivities)! As always, the information below should be reliable but as with any concert or outdoors event it is subject to change, so double check the website prior to going and always read the rules (especially if you plan to picnic). Hope to see you there!
(1) Vasona Vibrations 5-7pm every Saturday of June & July (pl;us a bonus Open Mic on Aug 3) at Vasona Lake County Park, schedule of performers has recently been announced here at the event’s website. Performances are held on the lawn near the Ranger Office, just down the hill from the pedestrian entrance at University Ave and Pepper Tree Lane. Consider bringing food and cash donations to Second Harvest Food Bank, which are accepted at every concert. Please note that a $6 fee is charged for parking within the County Parks.
(2) Music in the Park 5-7pm Sundays from July 7th – August 4th, usually with a dance party finale at the Los Gatos Civic Center campus lawn. Get more information (rules, dates, location, schedule and lineup) when available at the website, closer to June.
(3) Jazz on the Plazz 6:30-8:30pm Wednesdays, June 19 – August 21 at the Los Gatos Town Plaza (where the farmers market is held) on West Main St and Santa Cruz Ave by the post office. More information and a schedule is available on the website. Please note that while the other music venues are 100% free, with Jazz on the Plazz, the “best” seats come with a price tag.
(4) Fiesta de Artes open 10am-6pm August 10th – 11th, at the Civic Center Lawn in Downtown Los Gatos. The Fiesta is the only art and wine festival in Los Gatos and offers musical performances both days from start to finish. Find the schedule here.
Don’t forget to include the Fourth of July in your plans – it is always spectacular, and is one of the more child-
friendly concerts! The events are held at Oak Meadow Park, and Los Gatos residents park for free. Event page is showing information from 2017, this is normally updated as we approach July. Last year, a new event was held the weekend prior, the Red, White, & Blue Block Party on Saturday, July 1st, 2017. Santa Cruz Avenue in Downtown was closed for festivities including, music, family games, a bike parade, and dunk tank. No updated information has been given yet, but we hope the party will be back in 2018!
Now for the full schedule of performances. Once again, please double check all rules, directions, and schedule information with the information on the festival website so you can enjoy the music to the fullest. A complete list of performers is not yet available, the chart will be filled in as details become available.
|Series||Date||Day||Time||Performer & Link|
|Vasona Vibrations||1-Jun||Sat||5:00-7:00pm||Top Shelf Big Band|
|Vasona Vibrations||8-Jun||Sat||5:00-7:00pm||Blue House|
|Vasona Vibrations||15-Jun||Sat||5:00-7:00pm||The Jones Gang|
|Jazz on the Plazz||19-Jun||Wed||6:30-8:30pm||Jane Monheit|
|Vasona Vibrations||22-Jun||Sat||5:00-7:00pm||Andre Thierry|
|Jazz on the Plazz||26-Jun||Wed||6:30-8:30pm||Tiffany Austin|
|Vasona Vibrations||29-Jun||Sat||5:00-7:00pm||Windy Hill|
|Vasona Vibrations||30-Jun||Sat||5:00-7:00pm||Andre Thierry|
|Jazz on the Plazz||3-Jul||Wed||6:30-8:30pm||Curtis Stigers with Full Spectrum Jazz|
|4th of July Celebration||4-Jul||Thurs||1:00pm||Symphony in the Park – San Jose Wind Symphony|
|4th of July Celebration||4-Jul||Thurs||11:00am||The Hipwaders (for kids) on 2nd stage|
|Vasona Vibrations||6-Jul||Sat||5:00-7:00pm||Blue Summit|
|Music in the Park||7-Jul||Sun||5:00-7:00pm||The Sun Kings (Beatles tribute)|
|Jazz on the Plazz||10-Jul||Wed||6:30-8:30pm||Paula West (Facebook Link)|
|Vasona Vibrations||13-Jul||Sat||5:00-7:00pm||Jessica Johnson|
|Music in the Park||14-Jul||Sun||5:00-7:00pm||Sweet HayaH|
|Jazz on the Plazz||17-Jul||Wed||6:30-8:30pm||John Proulx|
|Vasona Vibrations||20-Jul||Sat||5:00-7:00pm||Isis and The Cold Truth|
|Music in the Park||21-Jul||Sun||5:00-7:00pm||Ryan Scripps|
|Jazz on the Plazz||24-Jul||Wed||6:30-8:30pm||To Be Announced|
|Vasona Vibrations||27-Jul||Sat||5:00-7:00pm||Bean Creek|
|Music in the Park||28-Jul||Sun||5:00-7:00pm||Stealin’ Chicago|
|Jazz on the Plazz||31-Jul||Wed||6:30-8:30pm||Jamie Davis|
|Vasona Vibrations||3-Aug||Sat||4:00-7:00pm||Vasona Vibrations Acoustic Open Mike|
|Music in the Park||4-Aug||Sun||5:00-7:00pm||Caravansarai (Santana Tribute)|
|Jazz on the Plazz||7-Aug||Wed||6:30-8:30pm||Monterey Jazz Festival County High School All Stars|
|Jazz on the Plazz||14-Aug||Wed||6:30-8:30pm||Roberta Gambarini|
|Jazz on the Plazz||21-Aug||Wed||6:30-8:30pm||The Funky Godfather|
|Los Gatos Dance Party||31-Aug||Sat||7 – 9:30 pm||See https://liveinlosgatosblog.com/los-gatos-park-dance-3/|
|Fiesta de Artes||21 & 22-Sept||Sat & Sun||10am – 6 pm||See https://losgatosfiesta.com/|
Los Gatos Free Music Concert Series 2010: Music in the Park, Jazz on the Plazz and Vasona Vibrations Schedule of Events and Performers
May 21, 2010
To view the 2011 schedule of the free music series in Los Gatos, please click here. The list below is for 2010.
Summer 2010 is almost here & it’s time to plot out your attendance at the wonderful offerings of the three Los Gatos free musical concert series! Here is the info you need to make the most of these great offerings. (Info deemed reliable but not guaranteed – please double check the websites prior to going & always read up on the rules as some things have changed.)
(1) Vasona Vibrations 5-7pm every Saturday June & July at Vasona Park: http://www.southbayfolks.org/vasona/ Schedule of who plays what week:
http://www.southbayfolks.org/vasona/#psched Performances are held every Saturday in June and July from 5-7pm, on the lawn near the Ranger Office, and just down the hill from the pedestrian entrance at University Ave and Pepper Tree Lane. Referenced in the list below as VV.
(2) Music in the Park LG civic center lawn Sundays 5-7pm June 20 – Aug 29
Basic info (rules, date, location)
Music in the Park site: http://www.lgmip.com/ Schedule info (who plays which day) http://www.lgmip.com/miperformers.asp Referenced in the list below as MIP.
(3) Jazz on the Plazz http://www.jazzontheplazz.com/ Wednesdays from 6:30 to 8:30pm, June 23rd through August 25th. Check the FAQ section of the site for info on the rules and more. The Los Gatos Town Plaza is on West Main Street and Santa Cruz Avenue near the post office in downtown Los Gatos. Schedule of who’s playing what: http://www.jazzontheplazz.com/jazz_artists.asp Referenced in the list below as JP.
|Date||Day-Series||Time||Performer & link (to performer’s website)|
|6/5||Sat – VV||5-7pm||The Sherry Austin Band|
|6/12||Sat – VV||5-7pm||Flatpick Sidekicks|
|6/19||Sat – VV||5-7pm||David Correa and Cascada|
|6/20||Sun – MIP||5-7pm||Lee Alverson’s Tribute to Billy Joel & Elton John|
|6/20||Sun – MIP||opener||Opener: Fran|
June 09, 2009
2009 info is below
Summer in Los Gatos is a joy – there’s so much to do, and most of it doesn’t cost a dime, thanks to the generosity of many sponsors. There are three free music concert series in Los Gatos, and together they provide a wide spectrum of musical styles and entertainment. Included are jazz, classical, rock & roll tribute bands, and much more.
Below please find the combined schedule – I have done my best to make it accurate but cannot guarantee anything so please double check with the website for each of the series. If you’re here over Independence Day weekend, you’re in for a double treat as there are 2 concerts on July 4th!
For general information about Music in the Park, Jazz on the Plazz and Vasona Vibrations, please see their websites:
|Music in the Park||Civic Center Lawn|
|Vasona Vibrations||Vasona Lake County Park|
|Jazz on the Plazz||Los Gatos Town Park Plaza (near post office)|
Below please find the combined schedule of musical events in Los Gatos as planned with links to the musicians’ websites when possible. Music in the Park will have local talent do lead-in music from 4:15 to 4:45 to get the ball rolling. Please arrive early to the shows to get a great spot!
|Vasona Vibrations||6/6/2009||5-7 pm||The Avalanche Choir|
|Vasona Vibrations||6/13/2009||5-7 pm||City Rocks|
|Vasona Vibrations||6/20/2009||5-7 pm||Celtic Heart|
|Music in the Park||6/21/2009||5-7 pm||David Martin|