The Vista del Monte neighborhood is a cherished and attractive area in Los Gatos 95030.
Few quick points about why the Vista del Monte neighborhood is so popular:
- scenic area close to the hills, tree lined streets
- many streets have sidewalks
- enjoys a beautiful neighborhood park
- highly prized Los Gatos schools
- out of the downtown hustle and bustle – but close by!
- most sections have a wonderfully quiet sound score on the HowLoud.com website
- the terrain is mostly level or gently sloping, but there are a few homes with views.
- there’s a video drive through at the end of this article – click through to see it!
Like most of Los Gatos, there is some variation in the size of the houses and lots, but to describe the area generally, it’s fair to say that most are ranch style homes (single story, split level and 2 story homes) built in the late 1950s to mid 1960s, with some built in the late 70s. The average home size is about 2300 SF (most range between 1500 and 3000 SF) and the average lot size is about a quarter acre (many are 8000 to 10,000 SF, but a few are far larger). Most houses include attached 2 car garages, but a few of the larger homes or those built more recently offer 3 car garages.
This is a nicely maintained area where you’ll find pride of ownership in the upkeep of homes and yards.