December is almost upon us, and with it comes all kinds of holiday events and activities in beautiful Los Gatos.
Keeping up is half the battle with so much happening this December! To make your season a little less stressful and a little more jolly, I have organized a list of holiday events and activities going on in Los Gatos. Below you will find two lists – one with unique events you might only have a day or two to enjoy, and a separate list of ongoing events you can join in all December long. These lists do not include religious services, so please check your preferred place of prayer for those schedules.
So get ready for carriage rides, the Fantasy of Lights, the tree lighting ceremony, the Los Gatos holiday parade, crafting, caroling, cookies and more!
2019 Los Gatos Holiday Events by date:
- Wednesday, December 4th 6pm Tiny Gifts Workshop at the Library
- Friday, December 6th 5pm – 7pm The 47th Annual Holiday Tree Lighting
- Saturday, December 7th 11am The 63rd Annual Los Gatos Children’s Christmas/Holidays Parade
- Saturday, December 7th 5pm David Benoit Christmas Tribute to Charlie Brown at Montalvo (Sold Out)
- Saturday – Sunday, December 7th & 8th 4pm – 9pm 7th Annual Fantasy of Lights Walk-Thru
- Sunday, December 8th 9am – 1pm Los Gatos Farmers’ Market & Holiday Makers Faire
- Monday, December 9th 5pm Holiday Cookie Decorating at the Library
- Wednesday, December 11th 6pm Making a California Native Wreath at the Library
- Thursday, December 12th 4pm Fratello Marionettes: The North Pole Review at the Library
- Thursday, December 12th 5:30pm – 8:30pm Light Up the Night: Shop. Sip. Stroll.
- Saturday, December 14th 8:30am & 10:30am Breakfast with Santa
- Saturday, December 14th 1pm & 2:15pm Cookies with Santa
- Sunday, December 15th 4pm & 7:30pm A Peter White Christmas featuring Euge Groove, Lindsey Webster, and Vincent Ingala at Montalvo
- Monday, December 16th 3:30pm – 5pm Gingerbread House with LGS Recreation
- Monday, December 16th 5:30pm – 7pm Ice Villages: Sugar Cube Cottages & Igloos with LGS Recreation
- Friday – Sunday, December 20th – 22nd Los Gatos Ballet presents The Nutcracker
- Saturday, December 21st 9am – 12pm Super Secret Workshop! With LGS Recreation
- Saturday, December 21st 3pm & 7pm Windham Hill’s Winter Solstice at Montalvo
Ongoing Holiday Events in Los Gatos:
- Beginning Friday November 29th there will be free valet parking in Downtown Los Gatos in Municipal Lot 4
- Beginning Saturday December 7th (dates and times vary) the Los Gatos Carriage Rides
- Tuesday, December 10th – Saturday December 30th (Closed Dec 25th) 6pm – 10pm 21st Annual Fantasy of Lights Drive-Thru (there is also the annual Walk-Thru preview on the 7th and 8th )
- Thursdays – Sundays, December 12th – 15th and 18th – 23rd 6pm-9pm The Billy Jones Wildcat Railroad Holiday Train